Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lazy Saturday

That's right, just returned from vaca, only worked one day this week and still having a lazy Saturday.  I guess I just don't really want to get back to reality, not yet.  A few great things for today.  Since Daniel has been eating so sparsely I decided to start a food journal and make sure ALL meals (and snacks) are full of nutrition and Sam was kind enough to give me some vitamin drops.  I will keep you updated on how this all helps.  This morning I talked to my Dad about what was going on with Daniel and he was very very helpful.  He is the type of guy who doesn't really stress too much so every time I am able to call him (we live in diff. states) it really helps me relax as well.  He made a good point that Daniel won't starve himself and not to pressure him too much because it will probably have the opposite effect I would like.  So, I just relaxed today and Daniel had his afternoon bottle.  Yay, yay, yay!  Thank you, Dad.

Lately, I have been a shop-a-holic.  My husband told me I am not allowed to do anymore shopping for this year.  I keep telling him I have to update my wardrobe from being pregnant, and fat after the pregnancy.  This all got me to thinking about the huge weight gain and loss that comes from having children.  I am a little ashamed to admit this, but I gained 65 pounds when I was pregnant with Daniel.  I was terrible, I figured that since I was already the biggest I had ever been in my life it didn't matter what I ate.  Wow, was I wrong!  I did not really understand the extent of my mistake until after Daniel was born.  I tried to put on my old clothes, they did not fit at all!!  I had to shop for all new clothes to have anything that actually fit.  I refused to wear a bathing suit during the summer, and very rarely wore shorts.  It was very depressing for me.  Finally, I realized I needed to work on losing all the weight I gained and have been successful!  I did this by working out, and decreasing my meal portions to normal sizes.  But, even with all the weight loss things are just not the same with my body.  I don't really know how to explain it except things are just different.  Does anyone else feel this way after having children?  So, I am trying to discover the clothes that will work for my new body.  Mostly, I feel like I want to keep everything covered.  Despite the fact I have lost my weight there are still stretch marks EVERYWHERE and I mean everywhere...tummy, tooshie, back and even behind my knees.  I didn't even know that was possible.  Ultimately, I have found that the best style for me are some skinny jeans with long tees, and perhaps a belt to accentuate my waist.  What styles have you found best for the post-baby body?  And, what work outs or meal plans did you use to lose the weight?

To the left what I would wear before Daniel
To the right what I wear now

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design