Friday, February 11, 2011

Roller Coaster

Today has been an emotional roller coaster for me.  Such great and terrible things have happened.  This morning I learned a college friend of my lost her baby girl due to a terrible disease.  My heart aches for her and her family at this time.

This afternoon Eve and Emma's grandparents picked them up giving me a very short work day.  They did this because I had thought I was going to need to take a trip to the DMV, but it turned out that the trip was able to wait.  I called Sam to let her know last night, but she said they still wanted to get the girls.  OK with me! :)  This morning I did have every intention of still making my trip to the DMV and Joe's mom had told me she would watch Daniel, but I left late this morning and without the paperwork I needed.  So, I figured it can wait (I am a terrible procrastinator...obviously).  I decided to take Daniel to Katie's (Joe's mom) house still and spend some time buying all the things I needed for our trip this Sunday and stuff for Valentine's Day.  Well, I even failed at this.  I did buy the Valentine's Day items for the hubby but once I was set lose BY MYSELF...no babies I kinda just became a shopping zombie!  But, let me tell you all it was soooooooo nice, and I don't really have enough words to thank Katie.  Hopefully, you are reading this, Katie so you know how thankful I really am.  After I was done with my shopping I returned to Katie's and she had even more children in her home!  What a saint.  It turned out that I knew her friend and her children.  Sam and I had walked past them on an afternoon walk we took together.  She has the CUTEST 3 month old son, if I could have I would have sat and snuggled him all day.  There is nothing better then these precious babies.  It was so great to hang out with these other Mom's as well and learn about and from each other.

A few days ago Emma and I did a little Valentine's Day craft.  I am not super duper crafty, but I thought it would be great to do something in honor of this day of love.  Here are our creations...
I am continuing to feel ever grateful for the privileges I have to spend every day with my son and the children I care for.  I love each and every one of them so dearly and will be thinking of them this Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design